Almost Perfect Cruise

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to U.S. - Southeast

13 Night Spanish Crossing (Barcelona To Ft. Lauderdale)
Sail Date: October 29, 2012
Ship: Nieuw Amsterdam
The largest of the HAL fleet, it never feels crowded. The staterooms have ample storage space and there is almost always room at any event.

The crew is quite friendly and generally responsive to any complaints.

This luded a long trans-Atlantic segment which was elegant and a wonderful time for reflection

Extensive menu\, always with excellent vegetarian options. The special restaurants (Oriental and gourmet) were worth the extra charge. Try the Manhattan Dining Room for breakfast or lunch. Peaceful and elegant. If the Lido buffet area is crowded\, go aft to a wonderful area or forward to eat near the pool

Two guest speakers or interesting\, but I would have preferred more depth.

Very friendly. I found a problem with the service at breakfast and put on my consultants hat (45 years old). I described the problem to the maitre d' and the next day the breakfast service staff was reorganized.

Beautiful design. While the long halls could have been a bit more attractive\, the display of HAL and NY related photos was marvelous/

Fine for my solo traveler needs (when I am with my wife we take a deluxe room). Plenty of storage space. Excellent room stewards.

Pros: The ship\, food\, staff\, facilities

Cons: WiFI and cable TV reception

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!