Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to U.S. - Southeast

Almost Perfect Cruise

Sail Date: October 29, 2012

The largest of the HAL fleet, it never feels crowded. The staterooms have ample storage space and there is almost always room at any event.

The crew is quite friendly and generally responsive to any complaints.

This luded a long trans-Atlantic segment which was elegant and a wonderful time for reflection

Pros: The ship\, food\, staff\, facilities

Cons: WiFI and cable TV reception

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!

Beautiful design. While the long halls could have been a bit more attractive\, the display of HAL and NY related photos was marvelous/
Extensive menu\, always with excellent vegetarian options. The special restaurants (Oriental and gourmet) were worth the extra charge. Try the Manhattan Dining Room for breakfast or lunch. Peaceful and elegant. If the Lido buffet area is crowded\, go aft to a wonderful area or forward to eat near the pool
Fine for my solo traveler needs (when I am with my wife we take a deluxe room). Plenty of storage space. Excellent room stewards.
Very friendly. I found a problem with the service at breakfast and put on my consultants hat (45 years old). I described the problem to the maitre d' and the next day the breakfast service staff was reorganized.
Two guest speakers or interesting\, but I would have preferred more depth.