Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Wonderful ship, wonderful crew!

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

Room Type: Suite

My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a 12 day cruise from Barcelona to Venice in August 2012.
No problem with the \"pre-boarding\" experience. Our cabin was very nice and the cabin stewards were VERY attentive.
Food in the Manhattan dining room was superb. However, we did NOT have a very nice experience in the Pinnacle Dining Room. We ate there twice (once was the \"Cirque\" dinner). On both occasions, I thought the quality of the food was less than impressive. Service was marginal.
The ship was small enough to not feel crowded. Very few \"rude\" passengers (note: if you have ever taken a cruise you will know exactly what I mean by that)

Pros: The food!

Cons: Pinnacle Restaurant

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!

This ship is relatively still brand new. No issues with cleanliness\, etc. Easy to get around.
Open seating definitely a plus. Be sure to make your reservations for your time if you use that option. Especially if you want a table for two.
Everything was spotless.