Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Will be hard to beat !

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

As it was our first cruise, we picked a *winner*. This cruise ship will be hard to beat for quality and price. Great choice in menus at the Lido, fantastic entertainment each night. Thoroughly enjoyed a massage at The Green House and my husband used the gym each morning. There is plenty to do that you can't keep up so we decided to relax and enjoy the cruise which we did at the Lido pool each day and bake in the sun. My worst fear was to be seasick but the weather being just wonderful and listening to the good advice of everyone, I truly enjoyed this cruise.

Pros: Everything !

Cons: Could have skipped the 2 Italians dinners. The same menu twice and not much to offer.

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!

The food and the service were very good. We're not fans of Italian foods so we could have skipped the dining at the Canaletto but that's only my opinion.
Was surprised to see how much room space & closets there was in my interioir stateroom. The staff did a fantastic job of cleaning and smiling each day as well as all the othe staffers. I was very impressed.
The best group of people you could ask for as employees. They were so nice that I thought it would be polite for me to learn how to say thank you and your welcome in their language which I did on the second day and they seemed to appreciate it very much. They deserved this gratitude in return.
My husband who is not a great sitter for entertainment truly enjoyed most of the shows. I enjoyed them all and especially the band leader who reminded me so much of my son-in-law in his attitude and enthusiasim toward the public. The activities at the poolside needs a little more organization though.
The layout of the ship was easily understandable at the exit of each elevator. The public washrooms were extremely clean and well kept as well as the decks and dining areas. Overall, I would say this is a classy ship.