Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Classic Ship

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

Room Type: Suite

a classic ship with above average service, very good food, and average entertainment.
I had a great week!
I stayed in a suite (ss) and it was the best bathroom I ever had on a cruise ship. Larger then my bathroom at home. There was also a generous amount of storage for three people. The beds were comfortable but not as comfortable as my pillow top mattress at home. The balcony was more than adequate for three people to have breakfast, or to sit and read. One thing that was very, very nice was the cabana that I reserved for the week, I just loved it. The service was excellent at the cabana and I never had to worry about a chair at the pool.
Would sale on this ship again.

Pros: The service, food, and cabanas.

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!

Loved the kitchen tour.
Although this may not mean much to some people I was thrilled that religious services were available for those who choose to participate daily. This will make me thnk of Holland America again.
The best Lido dinning room I ever experienced on a cruise ship. Neat, clean, and the variety of food was amazing.