Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

We were on the 14-day cruiser on December 5th. This was my 22nd cruise and have cruised on the Holland Maasdam in which the "Solerium" was ADULTS ONLY. On this ship it was not for ADULTS ONLY and was VERY, VERY loud and not a quite place for reading and cat napping. I did not like that at all. The only place for adults only was at the back of the ship and it was a small area with a LOUD band that was not very good. Didn't sit there but ten minutes and had to leave. We didn't find the 'Silk Den' until three day before our cruise ended.

Pros: The

Cons: The cabin was spacious and nice

Recommends Nieuw Amsterdam? Yes!

Did not enjoy the entertainment at all.
Food was good but not as good as on the Maasdam. They also did not have the Mexican buffet by the pool in the afternoon. This was very disappointing.
Very nice
Wonderful Stateroom
Everyone was very friendly and professional. One of our cabin steward (which was a young lady that had just started as a cabin steward- she was previously on bathroom detail). She was AWESOME, so sweet and her attention to detail was excellent. I loved her and wanted to take her home with me. Her smile with those cute dimples would light up the world. I'm sorry that I forgot her name.