Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Sail Date: November 01, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Sailed on Navigator on Nov 1 out of Galveston.  Frequent (Emerald, one more sailing to Diamond) Royal Caribbean cruiser. All three ports of call - it rained. All three sea days - it rained. Last night sailing into Galveston hit a storm (Captain called it a squall) with 70 mph wind and 17 - 20 foot seas. Beaufort scale 8 weather, the Beaufort scale only goes to 12. Should say rotten trip, but actually I think it was the best cruise I have ever been on. Met so many new friends and we are getting together next year to sail again. The ship - beautiful, but in my opinion not as pretty as the Mariner inside. The crew was absolutely wonderful, good moods, and you could tell they liked their jobs and each other,  They acted like they were a family. The concierge (we sprang for a suite for the second time, it is really worth the perks) on this ship is AWESOME!!  Lots of return cruisers who were there just to sail with her again...and she is going to transfer to the Liberty to stay with the Galveston passengers...she said they were the best! The entertainment was awesome. We met and sat next to the lead female singer in the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers Dad. He was obviously so proud of his daughter - that was a special, unplanned treat! Ice show was amazing. First comedian good, second one didn't stay for his show as I had seen it on television, but everyone was impressed with him as well. My only negative comment is that the food on this ship is not up to Royal's standards at all. The dinning room and Chops were great, Windjammer hit and miss, but Giovanni's Table was so horrible that I got out cover charge refunded! Everyone on the ship who ate there agreed that it was bad.. I remember Portofino being so excellent that we ate there twice onboard the Mariner, why the change and the decline in food? This chef needs to be moved elsewhere. Service onboard fantastic! I would recommend this ship to anyone. Our cruise was not perfect; none are. It amuses me to hear first time cruisers complain about things that are just normal on cruises ( elevators being slow, lines, prices etc.). Even with the weather, and so many excursions and on board activities cancelled, we made the best of it and had a wonderful time. I always sail with my sister who is disabled and in a wheelchair, and if she can find things to do on a rainy cruise then anyone can. Great job Royal, keep up the good work and we will keep coming back!

Giovanni's table needs work