Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Pros and Cons

Sail Date: September 14, 2014

As a whole this was a good cruise. This is my 15th cruise and my 6th on RC.

Pros:

Beautiful ship. Very clean in most areas(get to the cons later).

Entertainment with the ice show and guest entertainers was very good. Especially Mo Town night.

Cozumel and Grand Cayman were beautiful as ever, Took the Playa Mia shore excursion in Cozumel. Highly recommend with drinks, buffet, water sports, umbrellas, transportation included. Beautiful water and great staff.

Solarium on the ship is a great addition. Quiet and adults only. Very big whirlpools and small pool.

Promenade was fun and liked to people watch.

Balcony cabin was a Superior and larger than Carnival. Well kept.

Cons:

The shows featuring the dancers and singers were lackluster compared to other ships. The band was terrible on the first 2 nights but got it together the rest of the cruise.

The smell of sewage in parts of the ship was overpowering. Especially the bathrooms by the promenade and theater.

Jamaica--terrible. If you go outside the shopping area built by the cruise line, be prepared. I am used to people coming up to me, but not grabbing me. Take a shore excursion. I wish we could have gone to Montego Bay.

Food is lackluster too. I heard the specialty restaurants are very good but you pay extra. Heard Giovanni's is excellent.

There was no food outside and no where to get a burger @ 5pm. Late seating is @ 8PM so I like a snack around 4:30 and Windjammer is closed. The cafe has sandwiches, but sometimes you want something hot.

Disembarking the worst I have ever experienced. If you can "self assist" with your bags--do so!

As I said as a whole it was a good cruise. If you want singing waiters, drinks being handed to you at every turn, good service in the Windjammer and Lido deck, everyone smiling, go with Carnival. I was in the mood for more of a quiet cruise this time.

THe guest entertainers were the best along with the ice show.
Get a shore excursion in Jamaica

Opt for self assist in disembarking