Good but expect differences from what you've read

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 06, 2014
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

I loved this cruise and it was the staff and crew that made it good. The ship is beautiful and the activities were fun. The disappointing part was that there is no longer a Jade Restaurant nor a Cupcake Cupboard which leaves exactly 3 non-pay options (Main Dining, WindJammer, Cafe Promenade).  The cupcakes have been moved to the Promenade Cafe which charges for them.  I never saw more than a covered cake plate containing about 5 or 6 on it. I guess they weren't a big draw.

The Jade Restaurant doesn't exist anymore and oriental food has been moved to Izumi (which I understood to co-exist).  All sushi is by the piece at market prices. There are a few oriental/Indian dishes in the WJ each meal but far from a vast selection.

The food quality has definitely declined from my past RC cruise.  There isn't the variety or quality there used to be.  Get used to many repeat selections.  I never tasted a piece of meat that wasn't dry.

The poolside rib barbecue for lunch on one of the sea days was outstanding, however.

If you don't want to stay on ship or face touristy shopping options, get an excursion for each port. No city is worth spending more than 2 or 3 hours exploring. Beaches are also nice options.

As I said, I really enjoyed my cruise and will definitely use RC again. It's just that what I read online and what really existed were 2 different things.  All-in-all, it was fun.

Promenade Deck is best for walking because of shade on blistering days and nice, constant breeze. FlowRider is fun and not as busy as expected.