A Good Experience

MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean & Morocco (Genoa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 14, 2012
Ship: MSC Splendida
Cabin Type: Suite
Overall I was really impressed with the ship. It was beautiful and extremely well maintained and spotless.

The food absolutely sucked. I would not recommend it at all. The other thing that really bothered me was that you have to pay for everything, including water. I have cruised many times in the past with several different ships and this is the first time that I have been on a ship that nickle and dimes you so much. The food was a major let down. FYI, before I left for the cruise, I spoke with customer service to find out what was included and I was told, meals, water and soft drinks, but alcohol has to be paid for (like on all ships). Let me tell you, that was not the case; and the food sucked. No bueno!

The nightly shows were good. We didn't really spend much time in the Aft Lounge or the Jazz bars due to the clouds of cigarette and cigar smoke.

The staff on the ship was extremely helpful, polite and exemplefied great customer service. We absolutely loved them.

The ship is huge and very well maintained. I did, however, have a major issue with all of the smoking that was allowed on the ship; even in the non-smoking areas. That was a huge turn-off for my wife and I. Way too much smoking.

We were upgraded to a suite that was immaculate.

Pros: Casablanca

Cons: The food and Ship Excursions

Recommends MSC Splendida? Yes!