MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

A could be a wonderful cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2010

The ship was very beautiful and brand new. I liked the design but that is only part of the experience.

Pros: Ship and itinerary

Cons: Service and unprofessional behavior of the staff (excluding a few who were very nice and helpful)

Recommends MSC Splendida? No.

I had booked for late dinning but when i received my card it was for early dinning. The first evening i tried to change it, they told me they will get back to me but never even contacted me to say they don't have any room, but i came to understand there were many empty tables in late dinning. There was no flexible dinning at night like there was for lunch. During the cruise one would like to relax and not to be tied down to schedules for eating.
The rooms were nice but the internet connection was horrible. It was very expensive and the worst thing it was VERY slow so one would go through all the purchased minutes waiting for the system to respond. I complained during the cruise and at the end i tried to get at least part of the charges reversed because I couldn't really use the internet but after 2 hours of waiting at the accounting desk they told me they can't do anything and I should contact MSC after I arrive back in US, very bad experience.
Service was very spotty. Majority were not very helpful or friendly. There were a few examples where the staff were nice and helpful but that was basically a personal thing. In general they were not well trained or told how to treat passengers, this is from the officers all the way down.
Didn't use much of them.