MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

My first cruise disappointment

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

The ship is beautiful; they lack the service personnel to take care of how many people take the cruise. Other than the guest office staff, everyone who served me or serviced my cabin was excellent. Information on ports to be visited was very scarce. Definitely not a cruise I would recommend to English speaking people. I am still in shock that you have to pay for water period, you purchase bottled water. And other than at breakfast you cannot get a cup of coffee with your lunch or dinner in the dining room. You must purchase somewhere else. I was told sodas, juices and alcohol was a separate charge, pretty darn shocked to find out coffee and water was extra. For the cost of this cruise, to charge for everything other than meal time meals in the formal dining room or upper deck buffet, and remember this is not including what you drink you pay for everything or anything you drink, what a huge disappointment. There wasn't anything spectacular other than the ship's decor.

Pros: People I met who also chose this cruise

Cons: Charging you for water

Recommends MSC Splendida? No.

This rating is in reference to the office/reception desk area. It wasn't just the language barrier, assistance or help came across as you were a burden