MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

OK if you get the KIDS SAIL FREE deal.

Sail Date: December 16, 2011

This was a family cruise with many generations and families. If it were not for the Kids Sail Free deal would probably not have gone. The port for Jamaica is a LONG drive to excursions. No pictures were taken upon disembarking at each port of call. Food was good quality, dining service was slow (typical European), coffee was good! Limited communication with crew due to poor English speaking.

Pros: kids were free. nice clean ship.

Cons: very limited English speaking crew! limited in customer service. Did not want to accomodate requests.

Recommends MSC Poesia? No.

Got the run around on everything. We had pre-booked excursions and after embarking they were not there. pre-paid drink package took 2 days to activate. Due to limited English spoken by crew you might just plan on not getting your questions answered at all. Also be aware! they automatically charge each person $1.50 UNICEF donation on your bill. you have to go to accounting desk personally to have it removed.
Dining room food quality was good.The cafe buffets were adequate but nothing spectacular.Weird things like: ketchup being placed by the waffles instead of potatoes/eggs, plates not available at each buffet station (had to get these only at the beginning of the line) There were times during the day when NO FOOD was available. Odd for a cruise.Only time to get cookies was during 'tea time' from 4:00 - 4:45 each day.No low fat or fat free salad dressing available on buffet. Limited ethnic foods served, (I usually enjoy trying different things but not on this cruise). When I asked for mac/cheese for my kids for dinner one night I was told it's not on the menu so they can't get it.Same thing on another night when one of them wanted ceasar salad.On the buffet line when I asked for plain cheese pizza I was told no, they wouldn't make it.The line is too long and they don't make that.During dinner each evening in the dining room my coffee was brought SO late I had already finished my desser
shows were short. Appropriate for children. dancers were not fabulous but basic and fun to watch. singers were good voices, at times difficult to understand words due to accents though. They were fabulous acts though, 'strong' guys, contortionist, acrobats, jugglers.
Didn't enroll my children due to my perceived lack of supervision. They did not have a secure environment. People were allowed to come and go whenever as well as the children. one small room. I think they need to take some lessons from Carnival and Royal for this! Due to all the kids I saw around I don't think many took advantage of this either.
Decor was contemporary, clean, neat. Spa was nice, open, large relaxing.
room was adequate. Good storage for a 7 day cruise. Was nice that the steward was rarely seen but did great work. No chocolates on pillows:( I think lots of cruise lines have done away with this though. No towel animals to admire either.