MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Terrible Service

Sail Date: January 21, 2016

Very disappointed. I went on this cruise because I am a travel agent and wanted to experience MSC first hand to recommend it to my clients. The MSC Divina ship itself is beautiful but that's where it ends. The website for booking excursions and on board packages was difficult to use and was unavailable most of the times I tried to use it prior to sailing,  having to check in before boarding and then having to stand in multiple lines once on board to set up my on board account and to collect drink coupons was not the enjoyable start of vacation I am used to from other lines. The majority of staff on board spoke little or no English. There were only 2 servers that were friendly and seemed to enjoy their job...our main dining room server and one waitress at the Cafe Italia. Bartenders would not acknowledge you at the bar, servers did not come around to the lounge chairs to offer/take drink orders, the bartenders at the wine bar were not even familiar with the names of the 13 wines offered. ..when ordering a particular wine each night before dinner (to the same and multiple bartenders), they did not recognize the name and even when showing it to them on the menu they had trouble picking it out from the small line of choices on the wall display. There were very few daytime activity options onboard. The weather was poor for the entire weekend which was no fault of MSC and I had expected the weather to be bad but they did nothing to offer things to do since the outdoor pools were unusable and indoor ones very crowded. There seemed to be a lot of late night activities in the various bars but we are not night owls so we did not benefit from that. The entertainment shows were excellent with the exception of the lip syncing. And finally the food was boring and prepared poorly. Steak in the main dining room was no more than half an inch thick, risotto was sticky and tasteless - our entire table had to send it back. The buffet was boring with exception of the excellent pizza station. Overall it was the worst cruise I've been on and not only because of subjective reasons such as food preferences but mainly due to the poor quality service standards. One major issue I forgot to mention was cleanliness. .on multiple ocassions we had to tell cleaning staff that thete was not soap available in the public restroom, one time immediately following it being serviced and our stateroom did not have soap in the dink dispenser. When brought to the attention of our room stewardess she only added water to it. There were minimal hand sanitizer stations compared to other lines and no attention to requesting that guests use sanitizer when entering food areas.

I would not recommended this ship.