MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

perfect for vegans at least once a year

Sail Date: March 14, 2015

We love the divina, although our cabin looked quite used after just one year (2014 it still looked brand new). Maybe we were just unlucky this year. There were stains on the sofa and the carpet.

Also the fitness room which we use every day looked very used this year... I really hope they replace the machines before they are out of order too often... dangerous!

I love the quiet pool area at the end of the ship and also deck 18.

Whenever we had a problem with a waiter, my husband complained right away and the problem was solved. we were even given a different waiter.

As long as you do not have any problem you will not get in contact with the still to be fixed service problems. Especially talking to the people at the service desk can be annoying as they make promises they forget right away. ("you can go up to your room, we will call you..."... they never do...).

This are the only minor negative things. There a lot of Americans on the ship which always surprised me.

But I am so grateful that Mr. Pukel was lucky with MSC (after all the American cruises laughed at him many years ago) to let him organize a vegan vacation on this ship once a year. They give him this chance and all vegans and vegetarians are happy, happy and will surely vote for MSC. Without MSC we would never have dared to go on a cruise at all.

I have become a fan of MSC, although...You can do better and you will :-)

So I of course cannot say much about the food on the regular cruise (we only went there some days late at night to grab some fruits or a slice of vegan pizza) as we get very good vegan gourmet food three times a day in the Black Crab and Villa Rosa dining rooms, cooked by vegan chefs. This is always first seating so it is always crowded and stressfull for the waiters but it's very well organized and the seniors keep an eye on the waiters and as far as I can judge they do a very good job.