MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome trip - Great Cultural Experience

Sail Date: September 27, 2014

I read many reviews before I took this cruise and was frankly very concerned.  Don't believe the bad tempered unhappy people out there.  Some of the reviews said  the food was bad - not true.  While not all the dishes were 5 star - there was plenty of food to choose from - I never went hungry and was able to try some dishes I have never eaten before.  The crew is unhappy and seem stressed - NOT TRUE - our cabin steward was a delight and kept our cabin picked up and well maintained - I wanted to take him home with me.  The crew at the pool, the entertainment team, the bartenders always had a smile on their face and were eager to help.  The staff in the dining room - A One!. The staff at the buffet - friendly and would often come over and start a conversation.  The buffet was a nightmare - pushing and shoving - well - it wasn't a nightmare but it was often crowded.  It was a great cultural experience for me - so many languages, so many ways that people handle crowds - I embraced it and it was fine - just part of the experience.  The ship was beautiful -AGREE - well maintained and clean.  Prices were very reasonable - they did not nickel and dime you like some cruise lines.  A questions I had before going was about the formal dress requirement and the need to were a formal- these words and wardrobe and not in my every day world.  DO NOT STRESS over this - if you do not want to dress up - go to the buffet - no one will say anything to you.  THe dining room is awesome but expect dinner to take at least an hour and a half.  I would definitely take a MSC cruise in the Divina again.

Beautiful ship - clean and well maintained
Awesome variety - something to eat for every diet - they even mark dishses as vegetarian
Love the captain and cruise director - they were awesome
Good shows and several bars have live bands - something for everyone
Children's Programs I do not know - no kids with me on this trip
Something to be found to do for everyone - from sitting at the pool to aerobics
Fun Fun Fun and large variety of activities to choose from
Loved our balcony - only way to cruise - slept with the door open to hear the ocean sounds at night - pleny of room.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Nice shopping are right off the ship
George Town, Grand Cayman
Lots of activities right off the ship
Recommend booking excusion here - several people I talked to didn't and cabbies were charging $40 to take them to the beach

When you enter your room - you must insert your key card into a slot by the door to turn the power on in your room. It also turns a light on over your door that lets the steward know you are in your room. Pretty cool feature.