Awesome trip - Great Cultural Experience

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 27, 2014
Ship: MSC Divina

I read many reviews before I took this cruise and was frankly very concerned.  Don't believe the bad tempered unhappy people out there.  Some of the reviews said  the food was bad - not true.  While not all the dishes were 5 star - there was plenty of food to choose from - I never went hungry and was able to try some dishes I have never eaten before.  The crew is unhappy and seem stressed - NOT TRUE - our cabin steward was a delight and kept our cabin picked up and well maintained - I wanted to take him home with me.  The crew at the pool, the entertainment team, the bartenders always had a smile on their face and were eager to help.  The staff in the dining room - A One!. The staff at the buffet - friendly and would often come over and start a conversation.  The buffet was a nightmare - pushing and shoving - well - it wasn't a nightmare but it was often crowded.  It was a great cultural experience for me - so many languages, so many ways that people handle crowds - I embraced it and it was fine - just part of the experience.  The ship was beautiful -AGREE - well maintained and clean.  Prices were very reasonable - they did not nickel and dime you like some cruise lines.  A questions I had before going was about the formal dress requirement and the need to were a formal- these words and wardrobe and not in my every day world.  DO NOT STRESS over this - if you do not want to dress up - go to the buffet - no one will say anything to you.  THe dining room is awesome but expect dinner to take at least an hour and a half.  I would definitely take a MSC cruise in the Divina again.

Awesome variety - something to eat for every diet - they even mark dishses as vegetarian

Something to be found to do for everyone - from sitting at the pool to aerobics

Good shows and several bars have live bands - something for everyone

I do not know - no kids with me on this trip

Love the captain and cruise director - they were awesome

Beautiful ship - clean and well maintained

Loved our balcony - only way to cruise - slept with the door open to hear the ocean sounds at night - pleny of room.

When you enter your room - you must insert your key card into a slot by the door to turn the power on in your room. It also turns a light on over your door that lets the steward know you are in your room. Pretty cool feature.

Nice shopping are right off the ship
Lots of activities right off the ship
Recommend booking excusion here - several people I talked to didn't and cabbies were charging $40 to take them to the beach