MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Beautiful ship, but too formal for me (I dare say most Americans)

Sail Date: August 30, 2014

This has got to be the most beautiful ship I have ever cruised aboard. Every detail was gleaming and shouted high class and money. I loved it all until I found out that the best was reserved for just the few high class money bearers, or so it seemed. Near the end of the cruise I learned that by Joining thier club which is free, some of those amenities would have been included even to me, but then not unless I had the money to cruise in one of the Haven class suites. All of that aside, The cruise was spectacular and I almost enjoyed myself to death.

As for the entertainment, This ship boasts a crew of entertainers that incorporate most of the shows into an attempt to have seven different shows by having the same entertainers change costumes and perform different themed performances that any one would be considered to great. I must say that I perservered and saw all of them unlike the others at my assigned dinner table, all of them told me at dinner that they walked out on the second show, one couple on the first, none except for myself saw the rest. I too see thier reasons as I reflect yet to walk out during a performance is not polite in my opinion. I think I got the whole experience as they did not.

As for the food, superb in every way!

As for the Wait staff, TOP SHELF, as good as I have seen on any of the ships I have been on and this was my eighteenth cruise.

The cabin staff was thorough and curtious, I never past or met him that I wasn't greeted by name anywhere in the ship, I thought that remarkable.

All in all I have to compare this cruise with others that I have taken and in my opinion the inclusion of a few more entertainment venues such as side comedy acts or improv groups would help. but getting a few different main theatical events other than the ships entertainers would really bring out the best of the best. Wink

Children's Programs N/A
look past the emensity (or rather the lack of it) of the lavatory and enjoy your self. keep a positive attitude and keep plugging ahead. In the end you will have a great expierience.
Miami, Florida
Been there , done that
Falmouth, Jamaica
See it by 4x4 Jeep tour, that is a real adventure, just don't be pregnant more that a couple months
George Town, Grand Cayman
Go to HELL, you will be glad you did, take that picture behind the post post office.
I ferried over to Mexicos Yucatan and bussed south to the Myan ruins. As a history buff I found it to be HOT as Hell but worth the expierience.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
like to hang out in calm water, you can do that but you can take life by the short hairs and do something really exciting like the jet skis or para sailing.

Don't waste money on specialty restaurants, The main dining room is every bit as great.