MSC is running a Med cruise in the Caribbean without taking into consideration that it is a different type of customer.

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 23, 2014
Ship: MSC Divina

Overall service and food is not good.  Food as described on menus is not what you receive.  Either overcooked or undercooked.  Various balcony cruises missing half of glass door enclosure in the shower stall.  Complaints to management did not get them fixed.  Crew either does not speak or understand English, and do not address problems in the restaurants.  If you use a credit card for your onboard charges on the final morning you have to get in a long line to sign your bill, if you are paying cash the line is even longer.  When you get your charge from you bank there is a Service Fee for International transaction because their banking is done overseas. Onboard loading a mess.

All kinds of lines without anyone assisting you in loading operations. The main problem, and I discussed this with a Staff member, is that they have to adjust their operational mentality to the fact that this vessel is operating in the Caribbean where passengers are used to many cruise lines that are knowledgeable at meeting the passengers needs and providing the service that they are accustomed to.

(I have done 81 cruises and know the industry very well.)

Menu is attractive. Food is either undercooked, overcooked, or tasteless.

A lot of advertising on sales and events already discussed in the daily program. Loud music in the main pool.

The entertainment is one of the best I have seen with great costumes and performance

Not ussed.

The only attentive staff was in the bars and lounges. Table stewart tried his best to please our table even when we were returning foo.d

Ship is beautiful in the outside. Not well maintained in the inside.

My inside cabin was OK. The room stewart never came to introduce himself during the entire cruise. I would have liked to have ice in my cabin, even if I had to pay extra.

At breakfast time in the Buffet Deck go very early to make sure that they have the food of your choice. Anything after 8am not guaranteed all the foods are there, or available.

One of my favorite ports. Easy to get downtown using a $6 water taxi, round trip.
Always a great place to visit. Vessel docks in Old San Juan and everything is a walking distance.
Too many people being transferred to the Island. It rained a many people stuck there. There are few places of cover.