MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

MSC is running a Med cruise in the Caribbean without taking into consideration that it is a different type of customer.

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

Overall service and food is not good.  Food as described on menus is not what you receive.  Either overcooked or undercooked.  Various balcony cruises missing half of glass door enclosure in the shower stall.  Complaints to management did not get them fixed.  Crew either does not speak or understand English, and do not address problems in the restaurants.  If you use a credit card for your onboard charges on the final morning you have to get in a long line to sign your bill, if you are paying cash the line is even longer.  When you get your charge from you bank there is a Service Fee for International transaction because their banking is done overseas. Onboard loading a mess.

All kinds of lines without anyone assisting you in loading operations. The main problem, and I discussed this with a Staff member, is that they have to adjust their operational mentality to the fact that this vessel is operating in the Caribbean where passengers are used to many cruise lines that are knowledgeable at meeting the passengers needs and providing the service that they are accustomed to.

(I have done 81 cruises and know the industry very well.)

Ship is beautiful in the outside. Not well maintained in the inside.
Menu is attractive. Food is either undercooked, overcooked, or tasteless.
The only attentive staff was in the bars and lounges. Table stewart tried his best to please our table even when we were returning foo.d
The entertainment is one of the best I have seen with great costumes and performance
Children's Programs Not ussed.
A lot of advertising on sales and events already discussed in the daily program. Loud music in the main pool.
Not participated. Been in many cruises, been there and done that (at cheaper prices)
My inside cabin was OK. The room stewart never came to introduce himself during the entire cruise. I would have liked to have ice in my cabin, even if I had to pay extra.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
One of my favorite ports. Easy to get downtown using a $6 water taxi, round trip.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Always a great place to visit. Vessel docks in Old San Juan and everything is a walking distance.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Too many people being transferred to the Island. It rained a many people stuck there. There are few places of cover.

At breakfast time in the Buffet Deck go very early to make sure that they have the food of your choice. Anything after 8am not guaranteed all the foods are there, or available.

1 Comment