MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Review for Divina, MSC Cruise line

Sail Date: May 10, 2014

My husband and I have cruised approximately 15 times over the years and would rate this cruise among the best.

The Ship - Absolutely Beautiful - very clean - huge - lots of pools and deck areas.

The Food - Wonderful - I loved the pasta stations (unfortunately my waist did not!)  The reviews I read before going on the cruise were very critical of the food.  We thought the food was delicious, fresh, and plentiful.  I don't know why the other people were complaining -  I can't say a negative word about it!

Room Steward and Wait Staff - very professional and thorough - They kept our stateroom as well as the entire ship immaculate!

The Captain - very personable - He sponsored a question and answer period on the ship which was very entertaining.  This made him very accessible and he has a good sense of humor.

Entertainment - Some of the best we have ever seen - Absolutely loved the costumes and how the different types of entertainment were blended together into one show each night.

Excursions - There were so many excursions in Cozumel that we had a hard time choosing.  We decided on the "Fury Catamaran and Beach Break".  We had a blast and would definitely recommend it - well worth the money!  At the Bahamas, we went to the beach at Atlantis - way overpriced.  We paid $75 for 4 hours to see the building, the aquarium and the beach.  I would NOT recommend this.  Just go to a local beach and save your money.

We liked the bar packages available.  We liked that the bartenders weren't constantly walking around hawking drinks on the decks.  If you wanted a drink they were accessible but not annoyingly so.

One thing we noticed missing from this ship was a lack of photographers as you left the ship and went to different ports.  This didn't affect us because we don't usually buy these photos since we have so many times before, but I could see where some people might would like them, especially first time travelers.

We didn't have small children with us, but we saw the little ones passing through with their leaders in the children's programs and they appeared to be having fun.

The ONLY suggestion I would make is to have a clock on the pool decks and at the exit on deck 4.  We didn't want to wear a watch to keep up with the time if we wanted to take part in an activity.  Also, since the time changed at different ports, it became a little confusing as to what time we needed to  return to the ship.  It would be nice to have a clock to sinchronize our watch with as we left the ship.

I would (and have) definitely recommend this ship to may friends and family!

Much larger than other ships we have been on.
Miami, Florida
Falmouth, Jamaica
Prices are higher in Jamaica. Save your money for Cozumel - you get more bang for your buck.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Stingray City is awesome!
The Fury Catamaran and beach break was wonderful!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas We didn't get to go there due to weather.

The cookies come out at 4. You don't want to miss them because they go fast!