MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

MSC Divina from Miami

Sail Date: December 21, 2013

This was our first cruise with MSC and were pleasantly surprised.  The reviews that I read online were not great and I really did not know what to expect from MSC.  My family and I have cruised several other cruise lines in the past and based on our experiences with MSC, we would definitely cruise with them again.  The embarkation/debarkation process was the best experience I have had with any cruiseline.  MSC made this process organized, fast, efficient, and smooth.  The ship we cruised on was the Divina.  The ship was beautiful and well designed, especially in the buffet area.  On others ships, this area can be very crowded and you have to wait in long lines (especially on the days at sea).  The layout of the Divina helped to elimate this problem--we never waited in line.  The shows in the theatre was fabulous.  They had a good variety for all.  My children especially liked the acrobatic/musical numbers (Wonderland, Pirates, and the Michael Jackson tribute).  My only suggestion would be to redesign the Junior kids program to include more age categories.  The current age range is from 6-11 years (that is a wide range).  My daughter was 11 years old and thought the activities were more "kiddish" in nature and catered to the younger group.  She ended up spending more time with us, than in the kids program.  However, my son (15 years old) absolutely loved the Teen program (15-17 years) and the Disco.  We had a great time and a wonderful experience and are will likely cruise with MSC again in the future.

Options were more Italian/European in nature, but were good.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Great Stirrup Cay was fabulous! Very nice with lots of activities and chairs for sunning.