Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very nice first experience on a cruise

Sail Date: November 11, 2011

Clean, nice people, excellent waiting staff, abundant activities for a 3-day cruise, abundant food at any time of the day for free!

Pros: The food and variety of activities on board

Cons: the variety of music played at the dance club

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

excellent food at the dining facilities, the free pizza at the pizza place is an awesome convenience.
yes, they are small, but plenty of room for the little time you will spend in your room. The staff ensures you always have a very clean room to come back to.
It almost seemed unreal how nice so many people could be. The dining facility staff were the best.
There are lots activities to do in only three days. We didn't get to everything we wanted to. For three days, there was more than plenty of activities to do. The shows are not broadway quality, but nontheless they were enjoyable so long as you aren't picky about performances. I appreciated the effort they put into performing.
I guess like any tourist place, the locals are jumping on you as you get off the boat to sell you everything, but as soon as you get a bit outside the boarding area it cools down. The Atlantis resort is a MUST see. We wanted to walk around the island a bit prior to Atlantis, but i was surprised how dead the island was and how many stores were closed/out of business just within a few hundred meters of the ship. Once at the Atlantis resort, time flew by!
Don't Miss: swiming with dolphins at atlantis resort
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
the variety of sweet and mixed alcoholic drinks was very limited around the island. If you are a beer drinker, there will be more than plenty of that tho. The weather was a bit too windy and chill for me to jump in the water and do the snorkeling, but then again it was middle of november... My fiance from almost Canada didn't feel the cold so she enjoyed the snorkeling and saw many cool fish! I wanted to rent jetskis but they weren't renting them that day. I dont know why