Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Could've been better

Sail Date: August 01, 2011

This was my first cruise, and I came back kinda disappointed.
The main reason-didn't get to enjoy the beach, snorkeling and parasailing. The day we got to Nassau almost all the excursions got cancelled due to the weather conditions. And day 3 got cancelled altogether because of I don't know what. The weather was beautiful the next day, but instead of heading to CocoCay island we headed home early. Out of 3 days 2 were spent on the boat; that's not what I'd paid for. Had there been more activities and entertainment, I would not have been so disappointed.

Pros: selection of food, friendly and helpful staff, casino, rock climbing

Cons: lack of activities for young and athletic; had to pay for sushi; captain's decision not to sail to cococay, ended up spending two days out of three on the ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

not enough activities and entertainment for young crowd!! DJ at the nightclub sucked!!
not bad for an old ship
food was pretty good overall; there is a charge for sushi, dessert is mediocre and the ice cream was watered down
despite seemingly small size(120 sq ft), the room was pretty cozy and spacious enough.
very friendly and professional staff; one of the few bright spots
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I assume the CocoCay is very nice; didn't get to experience it because of captain's baffling decision to sail back, conveniently blaming mother Nature...
don't order the excursions while on the boat; wait till you get to the shore. You will save a lot of $$$.