Could've been better

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: August 01, 2011
This was my first cruise, and I came back kinda disappointed.
The main reason-didn't get to enjoy the beach, snorkeling and parasailing. The day we got to Nassau almost all the excursions got cancelled due to the weather conditions. And day 3 got cancelled altogether because of I don't know what. The weather was beautiful the next day, but instead of heading to CocoCay island we headed home early. Out of 3 days 2 were spent on the boat; that's not what I'd paid for. Had there been more activities and entertainment, I would not have been so disappointed.

food was pretty good overall; there is a charge for sushi, dessert is mediocre and the ice cream was watered down

not enough activities and entertainment for young crowd!! DJ at the nightclub sucked!!

very friendly and professional staff; one of the few bright spots

not bad for an old ship

despite seemingly small size(120 sq ft), the room was pretty cozy and spacious enough.
don't order the excursions while on the boat; wait till you get to the shore. You will save a lot of $$$.
I assume the CocoCay is very nice; didn't get to experience it because of captain's baffling decision to sail back, conveniently blaming mother Nature...

Pros: selection of food, friendly and helpful staff, casino, rock climbing

Cons: lack of activities for young and athletic; had to pay for sushi; captain's decision not to sail to cococay, ended up spending two days out of three on the ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.