First time

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 29, 2011
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
I was told this was an older ship in the fleet but it appeared to be in good shape with workers constantly working on her.

The My Time Dining was a great option. The maitre'd accommadated our requested times and was extemely friendly. We loved our waiter and assistant waiter so much we requested them every night. The dining room food was pretty decent but the buffet left a lot to be desired.

The entire satff was extremely friendly with everyone greeting you with a smile and a friendly word. I discovered that these people generally sign a 10 month contact that has them working for 8 months with 2 months vacation. They do not get any days off and must work long hours. How they do this and still smile is beyond me!!

Our stateroom attendent worked day and night and would clean our room twice a day. He seemed to genuinely want to please.
I have been to Nassau several times and found it to be a tourist trap. There are better deals outside of the straw market. Atlantis is an incredible place.
A very tranquil place to relax. Loved the floating mats. I avoided all the pricey activities as I can do much of the same at home for a lot less.

Pros: Great dining room service

Cons: Buffet food was marginal at best

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!