Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Relaxing Weekend Getaway

Sail Date: April 08, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our 3-night cruise on the Monarch of the Seas very much. I wish it was a couple days longer. We enjoyed the food, especially dinner and our waitor, Elmer, was hilarious. The casino was fun to play in and the bars were a great place to relax. Our room was incredibly small, but we actually got used to it and it became quite cozy. The ship was clean and easy to navigate.

Pros: CoCo Cay, Entertainment, Food, Staff

Cons: Room service selection, size of room

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

It's an older ship, but in great condition considering.
Extremely small, but cozy and clean.
The buffet in Windjammers isn't all that great for someone looking for healthy options, but dinner in the formal dining rooms was wonderful.
The staff was so great. Our waiter, Elmer, was awesome and personable each night. Everyone was always very helpful. The cruise director, Mark, did a great job with activities.
We enjoyed the poolside activities, as well as the late night marriage show and "Quest". I wish we were able to attend more shows.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very beautiful and relaxing! We didn't do any activities, but it felt amazing to just lay out on the beach.
Don't Miss: The lines for lunch were very very long.
MUST VISIT public beach near Atlantis on Paradise Island. It was my favorite part of the cruise. The beach was so beautiful and the water was perfect. I wish we had more time there. Not to mention, Atlantis is amazing!
Don't Miss: Walking through downtown Nassau isn't really that exiciting, unless you are looking to just shop.