Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Delightful and Well Worth Every Penny

Sail Date: April 08, 2011

I had read reviews saying how this ship is old, foods bad and everything else you can think of. I for one am all about modern, clean and fun. While this ship is about 20 years old or so, you wouldn't be able to tell because its so well kept. The staff is super friendly, the dining experience was way above par and there was always something to do.

The only CON(s) about this trip was the staterooms were a bit small. The shower is a standing shower which has very little room to maneuver. Also, our time spent in Nassau was very minimal (8AM-2PM) and the excursion was a bit chaotic because the island companies were the ones planning it not the cruise line.

Overall, this cruise was a great deal and a great time. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a quick getaway.

Pros: Food, Cococay

Cons: Short Time in Nassau

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I'm not a buffet fan what so ever and truly dislike mass produced food. I was beyond surprised with the quality and taste of the food on this ship.
Great, friendly staff
Good amount of activities everyday. Something for everyone onboard.
Rooms were a bit small
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Cococay was great. I would definitely recommend the snorkeling or diving. The waters are beautiful and there is ton to see and explore.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
I found this to be very chaotic. Immediate area by the port is very touristy so things are way overpriced and its just one big crowd trying to shop. Our time here was very short and our excursion was very short. Surprisingly this was my least favorite activity/destination on the entire trip.