Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruise exceeded all expectations!

Sail Date: July 09, 2010

This was my first cruise and I'm already planning my next! I would highly recommend this ship to anyone it was by far the best vacation I've been on in a long time. The staff and crew were VERY friendly and made our experience very pleasant!

Pros: CocoCay was absolutely the best part, wish we had more time there!

Cons: swimming pool was a little outdated and small

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The ship was recently renovated and in good shape.
We ate at the later dinner seating and I would recommend this to anyone who is planning on doing a lot of activities during the day. We were able to enjoy ourselves and not have to worry about rushing back to the ship to get ready for dinner. The night of the Captain's dinner you were able to get pictures taken with the Captain and have a complimentary drink "on him" which I thought was nice!
We had an interior room which was small, but fine for what was needed, you're really only in it to sleep. The bed was very comfortable and probably better than any hotel bed I've ever slept on!
The staff was very friendly and always smiling. Our room attendent, Julietta was very attentive and always ensured we had a clean room at night.
The shows seemed a little outdated but still very entertaining. There was a good comedian and the newly wed. game was hilarious to watch!
Nassau is kind of dirty, the best thing to do, I think, is go to Paradise Island and spend the day at Atlantis.
Don't Miss: Atlantis
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
This was by far the best part of the trip. The island was very big and not too crowded even with the amount of people who go off the ship. We did a jetski tour which was pretty neat. The crew provided lunch on the island which was very good also.
Don't Miss: Jet ski excursion!