Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Best Baja Cruise Yet!

Sail Date: November 27, 2006

We have cruised the Monarch of the Seas several times. The ship is always in order and well organized. Embarking and debarking very smooth. The food is generally good. It must be difficult to prepare food consistently for so many passengers. I find the charges for wine a bit off-putting. Charging $30 for a bottle of Woodbridge ( a third tier wine in my opinion) is not on. If they are going to charge that price perhaps they should invest in a $10 bottle rather than a $5 one. By the glass the prices are ok. They are similar to prices paid on land, if not a bit higher.

Pros: Balcony off stateroom

Cons: Ship staff had a tendancy to be too attentive

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Ensenada, Mexico
Ensenada.. Some say "Nada". I think it is enjoyable enough and it appears they have gone a long way in improving the downtown area.
Don't Miss: Hussongs is worth a visit.
Catalina Island, California
Catalina is very approachabel with lots of friendly people.
Don't Miss: Do a golf cart rental if you haven't been there before.
Catalina Island, California
Catalina is very approachabel with lots of friendly people.
Don't Miss: Do a golf cart rental if you haven't been there before.
Ensenada, Mexico
Don't Miss: Hussongs is worth a visit.
San Diego, California
I go to San Diego regularly. Just another City to me. I do like the La Jolla area.
San Diego, California