Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 03, 2009

Sailed on the Monarch for a long weekend. I think the cruise agents should have reminded me that it was Spring Break, I probably would have picked a different date. The Staff was excellent, I wish I could have compensated all of them alot more than I did. I was disappointed in the size of the rooms. I wasn't expecting a suite but it was very difficult for my 6 foot grandson to maneuver in the shower!! The food was very good as well as the service. I booked an excursion through the internet and when the time came we waited for the representative to show up at the pier and he/she never did. That really sucked. I think I will book my next cruise on another line just to compare. Overall, it was a good experience.

Pros: The staff, the food and the entertainment

Cons: Rooms too small and ship was very crowded with high school kids. Didnt enjoy the private island, better at the pool

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Shower was too small for an adult. Room tight but linens and cleanliness excellent!!