Graet Time

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 30, 2009
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Although it is an older ship, which you can tell by how it is decorated, it is very clean. The cabins of course were tiny but comfortable and clean. I wish there was an adult only pool, as there were over 630children on board. The gym was nice, but the suana did not work. The spa staff was friendly, but they did not all seem knowledgeable, they had to always go and ask someone else our questions. The staff was excellent. They were ALL so polite, friendly, helpful, etc. The Island of Coco Cay was relaxing and inviting. We had massages on the beach and went parasailing. I highly recommend both!!

I am a very picky eater and my waiter really went above and beyond for me! I gained 6pounds, ha! The midnight buffet was a bit lacking, but other than that, wow great food!!!

The children were always busy. Very family friendly! However, if you are looking for more of an adults only cruise, than this is not the ship for you.

I cannot say enough about the staff! They made this trip!! Everyone from guest services, to our waiter Eliston, to the rock climbing director Chris, to our stateroom attendant was so kind!

Its an older ship, but well maintained and very clean.

Small and no where to really put your suitcase. However, we were really only in there to sleep and shower.
We went to Atlantis, which seems to own everything. You have to be a guest there to use anything. We shopped in straw market-get ready to barter and to be hounded on by locals. Senor frogs really catered to the ships, though. The mall on Nassau closes at 8pm and everything else in town closes down at 6pm. We went snorkeling and the sail over to the area was well worth it.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
I could have stayed there the entire trip. It was relaxing and very inviting.
Don't Miss: Parasailling, Massages, the BBQ

Pros: The Staff

Cons: Very much a family ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!