Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Great first time cruise

Sail Date: October 09, 2006

The overall experience for a first time cruiser was very good. I didn't have much time to ask questions prior to the day of the cruise so was greatful to have friends who are very experienced cruisers there to show me the ropes!
The ship was very well maintained, pleasant crew and great food...too much food! Only wish that I had taken a cruise which allowed more time at sea so that I could have taken advantage of more of the on-board ship activities. It's difficult to go ashore and then try to get back to enjoy lunch and then have enough time before dinner. I guess you really feel obligated to eat aboard when you know it's all included. I'll try this again for sure but want a longer voyage!

Pros: Food and service was very good!

Cons: Too many things to do, not enough time!

San Diego, California
If you're a native Californian it's not a big deal!
Catalina Island, California
Have only sailed by but never gone ashore. Interesting but usual tourist trap. Not very much to do.
Ensenada, Mexico
Took the bus trip to La Bufadora and it was ok...water was beautiful but the overall area on the trip was dirty and depressing. Street vendors don't allow you any time to browse, they're just way too pushy like TJ.