Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

An excellent first cruise

Sail Date: October 09, 2006

This was my first cruise as well as my fiance's. We sailed on the Monarch of The Seas. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. There were alot of fun activities aboard to enjoy. I had the oppurtunity to climb the rock wall and also play a little basketball. My fiance enjoyed the spa treatments and the hottub. The staff was superb. They really made a person feel welcome and they seemed to enjoy their jobs. The ship is massive. With the amount of people on board I didn't feel crowded at all throughout the cruise. The cruise was for 4-days and I must say this has been one of the most relaxing and exciting 4-days of my life. We are definately taking another cruise next year. We were planning on getting a bunch of our friends to take a group cruise.

Pros: Service and sceneary

Cons: Stateroom was a little small but, you get what you pay for.

Quarters were a little small but, if your only going in to sleep then its good.
The staff really made a great impression on my fiance and I. Especially with it being our first cruise. What ever our requests were they were either met or exceeded. Our stateroom attendant was really friendly and I liked the little towel animals he would leave in the room.
What I liked was that there was always something going on. You could choose whether to take part in activities or just watch. The activities director got people involved and made sure everyone was having a good time. There were a few activities that I wish was on board such as a mini golf course for instance.
The food was excellent.
Very nice
Catalina Island, California
Definately go snorkeling and kayaking. We wanted to go jetskiing but the person who has a monoploy on jetskiing wasn't open that day. Which that does not make any since to me. Especially if you know a cruise ship is coming in to town. If you want a little peace and quiet, walk down by the casino and keep going straight. There is a little private beach where you are away from the noice of the city.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
Ensenada, Mexico
Go to the Blowhole to see some great sceneary. Also there are some good deals on gifts and stuff in the market. Not to mention $2 coronas!!!
San Diego, California
San Diego was OK. We decided to go to the Safari Zoo. We were a little disappointed because we were under the assumption that we would be riding in the back of an open bed truck like on a real safari and be able to maybe feed some animals. That's the way we interpreted the activities book. We found out on the bus taking us there that there was an additional charge for what we had believed we already paid for.