An okay cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2012
Cabin Type: Suite
The room attendant was very attentive and kept the room spotless. The ship overall is beginning to look a little dated.

The food was fine, nothing extraordinary. There were way too many unsupervised young kids running around at all hours. I went to use the computer at the internet cafe the night before departure and was amazed at what I saw. Most of the chairs were thrown together, soda drinks were spilled all over, some of the computer screens were actually thrown sideways and kids were laying on the couch eating oranges, throwing their peels on the floor. I had to lay a piece of paper across the computer table so that my documents did not get wet . I have found that this cruise has way too many kids not watched by anyone.
The embarkation process was very slow and long. I would not recommend this cruise. I would not book another cruise from the Galveston, Texas port.

The food is very average. Too much beef and pork is served as opposed to fish.

I found the schedule of some events were always the same.

The teen club was okay

The stateroom attendant was excellent.

The ship is large. Overall most of the public areas are kept clean but due to the amount of unruly kids it is a never ending task.

Pros: Some of the shows were great. Our stateroom was a grand suite which was very comfortable.

Cons: I did not like the enclosed promenade. It became very crowded at night and was almost impassable to get from one end to the other.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.