Not what I expected

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2012
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
I have never seen so many rude people and obnoxious children in one place. Nobody seemed to want to wait in line - everybody was hogging chairs, tables, etc. Children were not well-behaved nor well-supervised, but the parents weren't much better - yelling, smoking, running around - ridiculous. More than 1300 Spanish speakers on board, so activities seemed to be geared toward them. Galveston departure was a complete disaster and I would never travel to/from there again.

Food was OK - windjammer for breakfast was nice enough - if you could find a place to sit - see comments above about hogging tables! Dinner in main dining room was average - rushed, warm-ish food, unfriendly wait staff.

Not a lot of choices for activities, in my opinion. Grown men were always on the sport court and little kids didn't have a chance to play. pools were incredibly small.

Seemed fine - my son enjoyed himself, but having 11 year old boys color seems like an odd choice. If he could not have checked himself in and out, he would have been miserable.

This is where I was most surprised - rarely did I see a real smile or an offer to help. I have no idea what my stateroom attendant's name was because I only saw him once or twice. Surly is a word I would use to describe everyone.

Ship was fine - pretty clean, although restrooms were not well-maintained.Obviously in need of some updating.

Needs to be updated, but was clean and comfortable enough.

Pros: Cabin

Cons: Rude, obnoxious people

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!