great cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 01, 2012
This was our 10th cruise but the first with RCL, and I am ex-Navy so cabin choice was easy for us. The ship deck layout was great everything was easy to find and remember. The food was good and though we had over 3500 psgrs there were hardly ever any long food lines. the deli had the best pizza I've ever tasted on a ship.Our Balcony cabin was nice and the ship was clean and kept in very good condition. DIs-embark could have had better instructions other than just "deck 4". I would def cruise this line again if the port selection were to my liking seems like all the cruise lines out gaveston just have to go to cozumel, tired of that place. but oeverall it was a great cruise and we had a lot of kids on board but the ship crew had things for them to do and one pool was for adults only so they were'nt always "under Foot" we have 8 children ( now grown ) so we're not "anti-kids". On some ships the parents just let them run wild.

I think RCL could afford to add at least 3 more tv channels such as TNT , DISC and a chl for the kids when they are sailing state side. some times relaxing is part of the cruise, we dont always have to be buying diamonds

Pros: food selection and pesentatation

Cons: TV CH selection not much

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!