Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantastic - totally spoiled us! But....

Sail Date: February 19, 2012

The ship was fantastic! Nothing really bad to say there. My husband and I went by ourselves and had a very wonderful time. No matter how much you spend to be on the ship - whether you have an inside stateroom, like we did, or the best suite - you were spoiled and treated like royalty!

The only thing that put me off, which was remedied, were the beds. Prepare yourself, because they are HARD! Finally, after waking up with my back on fire on the 5th day, I asked our stateroom attendant if I could get a pad for it or something. When we got back to our room not 2 hours later it was there, all made up for me. I was so happy and slept so well!

Another BIG turn-off for me was the check-in process. They had TWO security machines that were x-raying peoples' take-on luggage. TWO for 3200 people! After that they had 30 booths to check-in at, and only half were open. Honestly, if 3200 people are trying to get onto the ship at once, make better plans for them. It took us 2.5 hours to check-in!

Pros: Food, activities, shows, casino, ports of call, sports court, pools and hot tubs

Cons: beds were very hard and the check-in process is extremely long!

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!