Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Good Cruise

Sail Date: February 12, 2012

I thought going with Royal would be the top of the line and I was very dissappointed. I am in my 40's and was looking to have some fun, but this ship has very little to offer in that way. The shows were well done, but definitely have a target audience of people in their 70's.
I have been on Carnival once before and I felt the food and selection of was MUCH better. Outside of the Wayfarer there was only 1 other food option open outside of dining rooms. And the quality of the food in the Wayfarer was equivalent to that of a Royal Fork, while not being horrible it was definitely not what I would normally eat.

Pros: Service was great.

Cons: Food was just OK and the ship is OLD..Both in ship years and people on board

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.

Ship was mostly clean but it is dated, the carpets were dirty and it feels OLD.
Rooms were tiny and felt dirty. Heard they will be dry docking this ship in the coming months and I felt cheated as they should have done that years ago.
Staff was all very nice and the service was the one very high quality of the ship
As stated food was OK, variety was lacking compared to other lines.
Entertainment was for the Older crowd and not what I would have chosen.