Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Very Busy Vacation

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise experience and over all the Mariner of the Sea was a lot of fun with a large variety of activities and shows that kept us all very busy and definitely wore out by the end of the day.

Pros: Variety of Activities of all ages

Cons: Very windy last 2 days so lot of motion on the ship

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

No fault of the ship, but by day 3 we realized we should have went for a larger room. With 2 very excited girls (age 7 & 4) we did not have a quiet moment until they passed out from pure exhaustion. We always seemed to be stepping on top of each other and when the bunk beds were turned down they were always in the way. Even with the room being too small for our family, the stateroom attendent did an awesome job of keeping the beds made and livable. She also always had the cutest towel animals set up in our room when we returned from dinner. The girls loved them.
The buffet hours in the Windjammer Cafe was very convenient for our family. There was always a variety of food to choose fromand the staff was very friendly. We only went to the dining room one evening on the Casual Night. It was very elegent, good food and excellent service - very up scale.
Everyone was always very nice and personable.
So many too choose from for all ages. I only wish they adult shows could have started earlier because by 10am I was already tired from all the day's activities.
They always had great stuff planned. My girls loved going in the play area to participate in the activities and play with the new friends they made. Staff was great.
Based on the information I read about the ship prior to our booking, I expected the pool area for the kids to be a little different. The swimming pool depth was a minimum of 5ft3in. The kiddie pool was no larger than a large bathtub and only ankle deep. So, the big pool was just too deep and the kiddie pool was just too small for my 4yo. The one of the large hottub in the kids area was kept at the mid to high 90 degrees and the right depth for my little one to play in but by afternoon was very full with all the kids trying to avoid the cold water in the larger pool. Other than my misinterpretation of the pools the other areas were very nice.