A Fantastic Family Vacation

Mardi Gras Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

6 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 02, 2022

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 4388

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Cruising during the Covid-19 surge in all honesty made us feel a bit uneasy. However, Carnival made all that uneasy feeling melt aware with the adherence and dedication the increasing their own safety protocols. I can honestly say I felt safer, health wise, while on the ship than I did coming back home and walking into a store or going back to work. The mandates are not burdensome and because of it I am already looking for my next Carnival cruise!

Embarkation

Embarkation was easy. Staff were BEYOND helpful.

Ship experiences

Amazing and plentiful food options. MDR staff attentive and entertaining. Kept up with masking protocols and made us feel safe and taken care of.

Lido Marketplace

Wide selection of food, even the pickiest of eaters would walk away happy.

Havana Bar

Best mojito on the ship. Not sure many people knew where this bar was located. It was quiet and empty every time I went.

Big Chicken by Shaq

Great Addition! Ate there daily!

BOLT!!! Do it! That is all. The Waterworks is great for children and your inner child! The water slides were amazing. Lido activities fun and entertaining.

Dreams Studio

Pricey to be honest, but the results are beyond my wildest dreams! Guess thats why its called Dreams Studio! They also can customize packages to come down on price.

Shows were spectacular. The atrium shows were magnificent!

BOLT Ultimate Sea Coaster

DO IT! You will not regret it. Make your reservation through the HUB app to speed things up!

Room steward Wayan was attentive and terrific, Wait staff Benjamin and Reisyl amazing and entertaining. Great dancers as well. David and Pako captured our family in magnificent photos.

Everything was clean and in working order. The ship and HUGE but not confusing. The zones made things easy to find after a day or so.

Family Harbor Ocean View Suite! Perfect size for our family of 4. Ample and I mean ample storage space! 2 bathrooms! Huge vanity. The room was just perfect.

Ship tip

Explore! The ship is so big I didn't find certain places til my 3rd 4th day. Take you time to explore the ship and all its areas. Pay the $15 for the Bolt you won't be disappointed. Also Use the HUB app to the fullest!

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

No excursion just embarkation

No excursions, just walked and explored

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Amazing. Did the bubble tour at PlayaBachata. What a lovely beach resort. Don't go on this excursion expecting gourmet food..thats what the ship is for. Other than that book this with confidence!

Grand Turk Island Did not visit port

I've been there before so just decided to stay on the ship

Disembarkation

Easy Peesy Lemon Squeeze!

Traveler Photos