AMAZING!!

Mardi Gras Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 09, 2021

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

Amazing... Definitely booking Mardi Gras again after I do my other cruises

Embarkation

Embarkation was fast and easy! My check in was for 12, but I arrived around 11:30 and they let me in within 5 minutes. Once at check in, they checked my passport, vaccine card and negative COVID test. Went through security, took my embarkation photos and onto the ship I went.

Ship experiences

The food was good but I've definitely seen better with Carnival. We mostly ate in the Cucina since we knew we couldn't go wrong lol. Shaqs big chicken was the best and the fries.... Yum

Cucina del Capitano

Absolutely loved the Cucina. We ate here most nights since we knew we couldn't go wrong. Breakfast was great also.

Big Chicken by Shaq

The chicken strips and fries were so good. This was a lunch spot most of my cruise

Havana Bar

Loved the Havana Bar, never disappoints.. Alexander was the best bartender ever! He always knew what to make for me and they made it feel like the TV show Cheers when you walked in 😁

There were so many activities I didn't get to do everything. I was a little bummed because I missed out on Bolt, but the waterslides and pools were lots of fun

There was so much entertainment. My favorite was the comedy club and Mike Packs shows. I've heard alot better from the DJs, but I seemed like the fun squad was taking turns being DJ, so I give them credit for that. Some can use a little practice on the transitioning.

As always the staff doesn't disappoint. My cabin steward was the best, held conversation when he saw us and was super friendly (he said he would hide me so I can stay another week lolol) the wait staff was awesome and very attentive.

Carnival did an amazing job making sure everything was kept clean. The layout is completely different from other ships, making it fun to navigate. I got turned around a few times but after a few days you get it.

The cabin was so spacious and had plenty of closet space. I loved it. The bathroom is smaller than the usual, you can pretty much do everything you need to in a bathroom just being in one spot lol. But I loved it!

Ports of call

Been to Nassau plenty of times but not during construction like this time. They're redoing the entire port area, so the good part was.... Nobody harassing for hair braiding lol. We walked to Junkanoo Beach, it rained a bit but wasn't too bad. Always love the water and beaches in Nassau

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

DR was amazing! We did the Damajagua Falls and Monkeyland Excursions. Totally recommend, however the walk up the falls is pretty strenuous. They will stop for breaks on the way up, but once you get up there it's such an amazing experience. The monkeys at monkeyland were adorable! They jump all over you and I just loved spending time with them

San Juan, Puerto Rico

I love San Juan. We walked up to El Morro, by route of Umbrella Street, but the Umbrellas were down. We stopped off at the old church then to El Morro. After El Morro we stopped by La Perla then went for lunch.

Port Canaveral, Florida

Disembarkation

Disembarking was fast and easy.

Traveler Photos

Damajagua Falls Monkeyland Monkeyland Monkeyland Damajagua Waterfalls Damajagua Waterfalls