The cruise was amazing!

Mardi Gras Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 09, 2021

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 12214

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

I have already booked another cruise on the Mardi Gras for August 2022, looking forward to it.

Embarkation

The embarkation was very easy, well planned and no problems what so ever.

Ship experiences

I only ate in the MDR for Sea Day Brunch and it was wonderful and the services were great. I ate at Shaq's Big Chicken 2 times and the chicken was great. The potato salad was to die for! I did the Italian place for lunch and dinner it was excellent as always, ate at Chibang, had both Mexican and Japanese it was ok. Ate at the Bonsai Teppanyaki one night it was very entertaining and the food was excellent. There are so many places to eat other than the MDR I couldn't get to them all. I will have to plan on another cruise on the Mardi Gras to check them all out.

Fortune Teller Bar

Wonderful!

Cucina del Capitano

The food services were great and the food was wonderful as always.

Chibang!

Mexican was excellent!

Brass Magnolia Bar

The service was great, staff was very personable.

Bonsai Teppanyaki

Entertaining!

Big Chicken by Shaq

Excellent!

Bar della Rosa

This bar was excellent! Good fast service!

I loved the Serenity deck it is one of the largest I have seen on any Carnival ship. The pool on Deck 8 was wonderful as well. Did not ride the rollercoaster but my friends did and said they loved it.

Cherry on Top

Not as big of a selection as I have seen on other ships.

The entertainment was excellent the entertainers that they had on the ship were amazing, the shows were great. The Grand Central entertainment was the most amazing show I have ever seen with Carnival. The music in the lounges/bars was wonderful, the piano bar is a must-see.

The staff went above and beyond to make sure all your needs were met. The cabin stewards to the wait staff, the bartender's everyone greeted you by name and were so happy to be there. They made you smile.

They never stopped cleaning the ship. The staff was always wiping, dusting, sweeping mopping every area of the ship.

Inside Premium I loved it, it was an inside cabin but had a sofa in it which made it feel much bigger. I posted some photos of the cabin.

Ship tip

You can't see it all in one cruise!

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Easy embarkation and debarkation, traffic is never bad at Port Canaveral.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Did not get off the ship, I stayed on the Mardi Gras because there was so much to do and see on the ship.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Walked around in Amber Cove, sat by the pool, and ate lunch.

Didn't get off the ship, Nassau is not my most favorite place.

Disembarkation

The process was very easy, off the ship and in my car on my way home by 9am.