Disappointed

Mardi Gras Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 18, 2021

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11392

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

This cruise was disappointing in so many ways. I've been on 5 other cruise's, none of those were disappointing. All 13 of us were looking forward to this cruise for a long time & we had to new comer's to cruising with us. It was good that I had all my family and friends to spend time with. But all had many compliments.

Embarkation

Long jammed up line to get through in order to board.

Ship experiences

Main dinning had to send food back, under cooked, Eric our head waiter was wonderful. Buffet breakfast and lunch was poor not tasty at all. Seafood restaurant was very good, Italian restaurant was just ok, nothing special.

Rudi's Seagrill

Food and service was really great, but I was charged for 3 Sangria's when I only signed for and had 2, the service desk was able to help me with that.

Palm Restaurant

The wait staff was wonderful, but the food was very bad under cooked steak, or soggy lobster. The only good thing is the waiter would get us a replacement meal.

Limelight Lounge

Bar staff was awful, slow and rude, I went there only twice and only had 1 watered down drink.

Havana Bar

Not really my kind of music. But nice looking.

Guy's Burger Joint

Pretty good burger. Clean.

Fortune Teller Bar

Fun drinks,

Brass Magnolia Bar

Music a little loud for conversation and a little snobby.

Big Chicken by Shaq

Awesome sandwich, so juicy and yummy!!

Adult pool was way to small, actually all the pools were extremely small and over crowded considering the ship was at 66% capacity.

Serenity Adult-Only area

Towel lady was so sweet and helpful, the salad bar was delicious, the bar drinks were still not great, the pool is way too small, would have liked to enjoy the pool more being that was my favorite deck to be on. I liked that there's showers to rinse off close to all the pools and hot tubs.

Pixels

Pictures were good and the staff was very helpful and polite.

Guest Services

Very helpful.

DJ's played music so loud it was distorted, even the Broadway show was loud I had to leave the show, none of the singers were good, just kind of ok. Some of the comedy was ok, the yoyo guy was pretty good, the puppet guy not so much.

Punchliner Comedy Club

The female was kind of funny, both shows, the last male comedian was a little crude and not really that funny.

Mardi Gras Theater

The show was not very good.

Wonderful service and staff

For a new ship having all those broken steps is a shame.

Room was clean and Ni kept it as clean as she could. This room was way too small for 4 adult women I don't know why the Carnival travel agent thought this was a good room for us.

Ship tip

Don't expect much.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

I didn't go on the excursion I paid for because they got there very late and handed me a broken lifejacket so I walked away, the group said the food was bad and they charged for watered down drinks. The other stops were ok not special.

Didn't go. Did a little shopping and went back to ship.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Sat at the ocean pool nice day and did some shopping.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Had to pay for chairs and a float, didn't stay long at the beach, did some shopping.

Disembarkation

Again, got to 7th floor the have everyone try and take elevators to 6 the floor while dragging their luggage.