Worst Travel Experience EVER

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Cuba

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Majesty of the Seas

6 Night Nassau & Havana Overnight (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 05, 2018

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Very disappointed and I truly do not write reviews very often but felt I needed to warn others about this cruise. If you do not drink enough alcohol to justify (in your mind) purchasing the drinks package, you will pay $15 for a mixed drink. You will pay $5 for a soda. Be prepared to wait in line everywhere you go on the ship. Get to the breakfast and lunch buffet early or you will have to fight for your food. It simply was not a pleasant cruise and I wish I had chosen another cruise line.

Embarkation

Absolutely awful. We left from Ft. Lauderdale and it was very hot and we had to wait outside for at least 30 minutes before going inside to wait in line for over TWO HOURS before we could get on the ship. I was told it was because of all the additional paperwork for traveling to Cuba, but there was no explanation while we suffered in the heat and the long lines. The cruise line didn't even offer us water and it was very hot. I developed a migraine headache while waiting in line and haven't had one in several months. I will never use this cruise line again because of this.

Ship experiences

I was very pleased with our wait staff; they were the best I've ever experienced and we got very attached to them. They offered suggestions about the menu and went above and beyond in their service. The food was good; not the best I've ever eaten, but it was very good and we looked forward to dinner every night.

I was interested in a few of the activities, such as the women's beauty session and the sushi making lesson, but there was a charge for those activities, so I skipped them. I felt like I was already being gouged with the $5 cokes and the $15 cocktails.

The beds were similar to army cots. The room was hot and we were never able to get it cool enough and our room steward couldn't do anything to help. The bathroom was so small I couldn't turn around in the shower. I didn't mind not having a window, so that was fine, but we were on the 2nd floor and could hear the loud music on the 5th floor until late at night. There weren't enough outlets to charge our phones, etc. and use our curling irons. We really were not happy with anything about the room.

Ship tip

Find a new ship. Don't waste your money on this one.

Ports of call

HAVANA, CUBA

Cuba was very interesting and we struck out on our own one day, but really should have taken a guided tour both days, but the tours were very expensive. We took the Hemingway tour one day and enjoyed it.

Disembarkation