Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice get-a-way

Sail Date: October 17, 2011

My overall impressions of the ship was great. The cleanliness of the ship and the friendliness of the crew were excellent. We decided this is the wrong time of year to make this cruise because the weather affected so much of what we were looking forward to doing. Disappointed in the dining room food, but the Windjammer experience was very good. The food on board was not of the same quality I've come to expect with RCC. The bartenders do an excellent job. The entertainment was above average this cruise. I appreciate the cruise experience and will do this again.

Pros: Cleanliness and service on ship

Cons: Inability to go on shore excursions due to weather conditions; dining room service great, but food was average instead of great

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

A must see are the shops. Good bargains and friendly staff...perhaps a little too pushy. I like to look at my own stuff at my leisure. Did not go to any restaurants. I enjoyed the 66 steps, but the street vendors were a bit overwhelming to me. Jewelry shopping was disappointing in selection for those of us on a budget, and prices in general.
Don't Miss: The historic areas, sites and history.
Key West, Florida
Best Restaurant was Cheeseburgers in Paradise. Great burgers, good drinks. Best sites? The docking experience was the highlight of this stop. Who'd think you could parallel park a huge ship? Waste of time was the excursion we booked thru Cruises.com. The fact we walked clear across town to find out the tour was cancelled is unacceptable. Streets are not clearly marked in some areas. Was disappointed that the jewelry stores were not really offering any great deals.
Don't Miss: cheeseburger in Paradise Restaurant, the little White House.