Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruise to the Bahamas

Sail Date: July 08, 2011

The ship itself was okay. It seemed a little old and in need of some updating in things like carpeting and colors. Some areas made me feel like I was in the 70's versus being in the 2010's.I did like the fact that there were numerous areas to purchase drinks.

Pros: The number of places available to get drinks.

Cons: The size of the shower.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The portions were a bit on the small side, and some of the food was very bland.
The shower was extremely small.
The cruise director, Dave Chapman, was hilarious.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Loved Cococay. It was very clean and well kept. The beaches were beautiful. I was disappointed that the ECO Tour was cancelled due to the boat engine not running. We did get to go on the Glass Bottom Boat tour which was nice, but it would have been better if they had refunded the ECO Tour and just allowed us to go on the glass bottom boat tour without charging us for that one as well. I had really been looking forward to the ECO Tour because of some of the locations that we were going to see and the history that was going to be told to us, and we didn't get that.
Honestly, I really didn't like Nassau all that much. We went on the Forts and Pirates tour. It was cool seeing the old buildings, but we were EXTREMELY disappointed that the gift shop at the pirate museum was closed. We were really interested in making a purchase there. Also, I felt mobbed by people trying to push their goods on me. And, we went to Conch Fritters for lunch, and it was not very good food for a very high price.