Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Got sick so they could save fuel

Sail Date: April 22, 2011

I was fine when the ship was under way and while docked at Coco Cay. The captain the had the terrible idea to get under way for an hour or so and then DRIFT out in the ocean till the timing was right to make Nassau in the early AM. Very bad idea! The ship started rolling as soon as the engines stopped. All the restaurants were near the top of the ship making the rolling worse. Many people had trouble standing and walking. At first I thought it was too much alcohol, but it became clear that the captain decided to leave the calm waters at Coco Cay and head for sea. Bad choice, as I and I believe many other new cruisers got sick and would be hard pressed to try cruising again. All to save some money on fuel by drifting???Bet you lose WAY more money from new cruisers who will never try it again.

Pros: Music was very good in all venues

Cons: Bathroom was SO small

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

The best food on the ship was definitely at Johnny Rockets. The fruit was all good at breakfast, but eggs looked powdered. Lots of food though. Couldn't go hungry.
Ladies bathroom at pool deck was nasty according to my wife, men's OK for the amount of drinking and traffic.
The shops were mostly closed--not the bars though. Atlantis was interesting for it's size and incredible money spent there. Way expensive.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Good activities