Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Vacation

Sail Date: December 28, 2007

This was my 7th cruise and I thought the ship was in great condition. I could tell that they had recently renovated and it made all the difference. The value for the money was really nice.

Pros: Ship was in great condition

Cons: Formal Seating for Dinner

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

I would say our only complaints were that the drinks seemed a little expensive. We also did the soft drink package and it probably would have been a little less expensive to just buy soft drinks as we wanted them. It is hard to drink enough soft drinks to make it worth the cost. For us (a couple in our 30's) the seating situation in the dining room is awkward. We ended up at a table for six, one couple never showed up and the other was older than us and there wasn't a lot to say. We never went back and just got a meal at the Buffet. If we could have had our own table in the dining room we would have gone each night. The buffet was one of the nicest I have seen on a cruise ship and the way it was designed/music, etc made it feel like a nice restaurant which we appreciated. The Breakfast was great each morning. We also got a snack a few times at Sorrento's pizza. We also liked the BBQ at Coco Cay .. the ribs were great!
Overall good .. the room wasn't super clean. But I have come to expect that on a cruise.
I would say pretty good. We didn't do any of the optional excursions. We didn't really do any of the on board activities .. not sure if it was because they didn't inspire us? Bingo and those kinds of activites don't do much for us .. we enjoyed just hanging out on the pool deck. The pool was really nice! We will say that the Music at the pool was terrible .. they really need to hire a DJ for the pool.
I liked the size of the ship and it was great the everything had been recently renovated. We thought everything was very nice.
Everyone we encountered was very nice.
We took a taxi over to Paradise Island to see the Atlantis and that was fun. Walked around Bay Street ..sampled some local cuisine. Not the best place I have ever been, but we filled they day and had a good time!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We thought this was great .. tons to do (or not to do) everything was well maintained. We loved the lunch too!