Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice Bahamas Vacation

Sail Date: June 16, 2006

Majesty of the Seas was built in 1992 and I found the cabin size to be inadequate. The newer ships have much larger cabins. I'm glad that I chose an outside cabin otherwise I would have felt like I was in a closet. We found the food to be very good, but except for room service, it wasn't available a lot of the times. I just sailed with another cruiseline in January that had many more places to dine throughout the day and evening. Majesty of the Seas staff were all very nice. The swimming pool area was great and music was playing most of the time. We loved the casino, it had a lot of table games and slot machines available. I was disappointed that the movie theatre wasn't open, although most cruise ships no longer have theatres. We were told that it was being refurbished. This cruise was for my 18 year old niece and she had a ball. For her first cruise Majesty of the Seas is a good bargain.

Pros: The stop at CocoCay was more than I expected it to be. The beach was already set up with enough beach chairs to accommodate everyone. There were many activities available. The barbecue lunch was very good.

Cons: The cabin was rather small. I had cruised on several other ships in the past and this was the smallest cabin I have ever had.

Stateroom was too small. The TV was sitting on a table in the cabin, but needed to be hung from the wall to give more floor space. Unlike other cruiselines, there were no complimentary toiletries.
Cabins were too small.
The food was good, but should have been available all the time. Room service was excellent.
Ship staff were great. Servers were friendly and cabin stewart were very friendly.
I've been to Nassau several times, but still enjoyed it.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I hadn't expected to like CocoCay. I thought it would be a waste of time, but it was fantastic. What a great way to start a cruise!