Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An amazing, fantastic cruise

Sail Date: August 07, 2016

I would recommend this cruise to anyone. I went with my husband and our three sons aged 14, 18 and 21. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and was very lucky with the weather.

This is a big ship that caters for all ages and is extremely disabled friendly.

All the staff were very friendly, helpful and polite.

We would definitely sail on this ship again.

Cruise Photos

I had an accessible cabin. It was very spacious even with a full sized mobility scooter in there. It was very clean and tidy. I loved the extra touch of the animal towels.
The bathroom was also very spacious. The shower had a seat that could be used if needed and two shower heads. I was very surprised as the fixed shower head was small but it was very powerful. The water also reached a nice temperature.
I had booked assistance for embarkation and disembarkation. I cannot fault that at all, 100% excellence. When boarding the ship after visiting an island the security were very good and helpful.
I found the whole ship to be very clean and tidy. Whilst I was on ship the majority of the time I saw the decks being cleaned thoroughly when the ship was docked.
My cabin was also very clean.
I was very very impressed to how disabled friendly the ship was. Apart from the mini golf area I was able to get to every part of the ship. Sometimes the casino was a bit hard to navigate through if their were people in there but they all moved out of the way.
My only snag were the lifts. You had to wait ages for one to arrive and then found kids had pushed every button so it stopped at every floor. That is my only thing that I didn't like.
My husband and sons had booked excursions for all three islands we visited. They immensely enjoyed them all especially the helicopter trip over the Cayman Islands.
I only got off board ship in Cozumel and Jamaica as I'm disabled and was in a mobility scooter.
In Cozumel we visited the local complex area and went to Frogs for a meal. Well, what can I say, a definite must if you like Mexican food and a party atmosphere. Absolutely brilliant in there. We found a lot of traders were trying to sell us their goods but they weren't in your face.
I also visited the shopping complex in Jamaica. Very nice and inexpensive gifts. They all looked beautiful islands.
There was plenty to do onboard from swimming to relaxing by the pool. My children especially enjoyed the flow rider and water slides.
My sons didn't go to the kids programs but were aware of them but from what we saw they looked very good.
Very good evening entertainment. The In The Air and Ice Skating shows were fantastic, very talented people. We saw a comedian in the theatre who was very funny. Jeffrey the entertainments manager was also very entertaining and we watched him on the tv in our cabin several times, especially him hosting the Mr&Mrs quiz. Pure gold
All the staff we had dealings with from maintenance crew to guest services were very friendly, helpful and polite. Our cabin steward Stephan was excellent, leaving us animal towels in our cabin most nights and always greeted us whenever we saw him. I would also like to give a huge shout out to the ships CPA Marisa Hawkes. My husband and I renewed our vows in the ships chapel during the cruise and Marisa who performed the service went above and beyond in making everything as special as can be, even making sure and getting the stairlift to the chapel fixed so I could get up there. Big thank you to Marissa and my three "angels in white" maintenance crew for fixing it and all the help. Finally I'd like to thank the ships photographer Miguel. He also went above and beyond by giving us extra time when taking photographs of our renewal vows as I am disabled and am slow at getting around. Also for all his patience in taking the gorgeous photos.
Excellent choice of food, was very delicious. We sat at the same table, 330 every evening and had Naville and Nina who were both very friendly, polite and treated us like royalty. Food in Windjammer was also very good with a wide range to choose from.
Also ate in Chops Grille, the best steak ive ever tasted and Sabor, a fantastic Mexican restaurant. No complaints from my family.
Galveston, Texas
Very busy on all the roads around there. Plan your trip
Frogs Senor restaurant, excellent
George Town, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica
A very beautiful pet of the country. My first words when I saw it was WOW

Just enjoy yourself!!