Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing and Delightful!

Sail Date: August 07, 2016

We loved being on the ship.  It was pretty crowded but there was always a place to escape when needed. I didn't swim as much as I might have if there were less people. We never had any problems. We really enjoyed ourselves.

It was very spacious. Always clean. I loved the shower.
The ports were great. We walked into Cozumel and felt very safe. Enjoyed getting all the jewelry gifts and free alcohol from the ship approved retail stores.

Cayman was great. The tenders were very well organized. Another instance of getting a lot of people taken care of very efficiently.

Falmouth was a beautiful port. We braved the gates and enjoyed the local flavor. We watched Jeffery's channel 14 show EVERYDAY, his thoughts about Jamaica really helped us the navigate that port.
We enjoy the trivia. My husband really enjoyed Marcya's Improv class. It was really fun and a great way for passengers to get to know each other. She was great at running trivia games as well. We liked her manner and sense of humor. I enjoyed the size of the casino. I spent a lot of cash at the slots. I would have liked Poker to be more available. It was hard to squeeze in to the table. Very tiny for 10 players. Many of whom were from Texas....
Dean Austin was Excellent!!!! The "In the Air' show was amazing! The Saturday Night Fever show seemed a bit out of place. I usually like musicals, but it just seemed uninteresting.
We ADORED our staff in the dining room. Delzon and Mahesh worked together to make everything spectacular. We would see Mahesh in the Windjammer at breakfast and his face would always light up when he saw us. I really appreciated that! Delzon always took time with us, he felt like a member of the family! GREAT GREAT job!

Our room was taken care of by Joel Porter, who always seemed to be working! He always greeted us in the hallways and enjoyed surprising us with towel animals because we loved them! He was very personable and completely attentive. Our room was always very clean.

We wished that there were chocolates on our pillows at night.....

Jeffery was my FAVORITE CRUISE DIRECTOR EVER!!!!! We watched his show at least once or more every day on channel 14. It was really informative. He felt very familiar by the end of the trip. I loved his 'off the cuff' style. In the past I have felt that cruise directors are kind of phony, trying to please everyone by being fake happy. He did a great job. Funny, honest, charming.
Galveston, Texas
Get there plenty early, the traffic can be tough to navigate. You can enjoy a drink in the bar even if your room isn't quite ready yet!
Cabs to get in to town are about 8 to 10 dollars. We walked into town (less than a mile) and felt very safe. We took a cab back because it got very hot.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Great snorkeling. Everybody speaks English. Felt like Catalina Island in California.
Falmouth, Jamaica
It was fun and exciting to walk around the town outside of the gates. We are so glad we did.

The water slides and rides on the top deck are A BLAST! Take advantage of them while people are at port, because it can get crowded.