Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

RC Liberty of the Seas Cozumel Trip

Sail Date: April 16, 2015

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I went on this cruise for our anniversary.  I've been on other cruise lines before, but this was his first.  I have never heard "This is AWESOME!" so many times in 4 days.

Our grand suite was more than we expected.  Double balcony, spacious cabin, and an amazing bath tub.  The toilet was small and too high.  I'm 5'4" and my toes were barely able to touch the ground.  My husband described it as a camper toilet which is fitting.  Our concierge, Carlos, was very friendly accommodating, helpful and made sure our room was to our expectations.  We definitely will be booking a grand suite on the next cruise.

Food was so-so.  There were a couple of meals that were awful, such as the lasagna and the prawns and rice dinner.  I've been on other cruises where the food was wonderful.

The beverage package is definitely the way to go.  You will spend a lot more if you buy a la cart.

There were too many kids in the casino area.  At one point, I got rammed into by a 7 year old running through.  I was none too happy about having my drink spilled all over me.  Stricter enforcement for the no kids allowed in the casino should be used.

Was not impressed with Cozumel as I expected the water to be clear and blue.  Visibility was not that great, cloudy and maybe 5-6 feet.  We probably won't do another Cozumel cruise.

Playa Mia Deluxe shore excursion:  All-inclusive buffet was decent.  Staff was friendly.  They did have some fun watersports, such as blow up slides,

Departing the boat on the last day was frustrating.  We were delayed over an hour and no one ever said why.  Better communication from the staff will help ease tension.

All in all, I would recommend Royal Caribbean and my husband and I look forward to our next Royal Caribbean cruise.

OK/Bad. See my review.
Children's Programs N/A.
Spacious and loved the double balcony. Great tub for a bath. Not so fond of the toilet - way too high. Reminded me of a camper toilet.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Water taxi was cool. Takes you to some great restaurants, shopping and beaches.
Not as clear of water as I thought it would be.

Purchase a beverage package.