Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Great family vacation!

Sail Date: November 28, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a wonderful trip aboard Liberty of the Seas!  If there is one thing I can say about Royal Caribbean it is that they go to extremes to provide a wonderful experience!  The staff was more than anyone could imagine.  Every single staff member made sure to make it a point to spend extra time with our three kids.  All of the room attendants on the 8th deck knew my kids as well as their personalities by the 2nd day.  The staff in the Windjammer went above and beyond to help with the kids as well.  They were always asking if I needed anything and would stand and talk to the kids.  They truly made you feel welcome!  Everything was extremely well kept and clean.  Not a single point in the trip I even considered looking into another cruiseline for the next trip.  The one thing on this ship that made it perfect was the children's program.  Between the Dreamworks experience and the Adventure Ocean program this trip was a hit with the three little ones (ages 7, 2 and 1).  My 7 year old looked forward to going to camp each evening and asked how much longer until she could go.  My 1 and 2 year olds loved the toy lending program and enjoyed having toys in the stateroom which we could switch out at no cost.  We also used the daycare room two afternoons during their nap times so they could nap without being moved around while we enjoyed the activities that they couldn't participate in (rockwall, miniture golf, ice skating, etc.).  The staff at both age locations were amazing and made me very comfortable about leaving the kids with them.  I had no concern at all.

Cozumel was wonderful.  We utilized one of Royal Caribbean's excursions for the Mayan Ruins and had a wonderful time.  It was just long enough to experience the island without the kids getting bored.  EVerything was well organized and Mimi, our guide, made the experience even better.  The bus was in great condition and the driver wonderful.  We had enough time to grab a bite to eat at Senior Frogs before boarding.  Even after the excursion, a little shopping and eating we got on the ship early enough to enjoy the kid pool area with most of the guests still off the ship.  That being said, even when we were at sea we never had any "crowded" moments other than the elevators that are near the back of the ship.  We found that the elevators at the front were much less utilized.

I can't comment on the actual dining rooms because we only ate in the main dining room for the character breakfast.  The food we recieved at that breakfast was much like the Windjammer and I don't feel we missed out by avoiding the long seating times and eating at the Windjammer.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience with nothing to complain about.  If you have the opportunity I would opt for a balcony room.  It is nice to have the extra space and ability to sit back and relax in private while still being able to take in the view.

We will definitely be sailing with Royal in the future (planning one for next October already!!).  Oh, almost forgot, we embarked on Thanksgiving Day and they provided Turkey and all the common Thanksgiving dishes for dinner.  It was something special and allowed us to engorge ourselves with something we thought we wouldn't be getting.  A nice little touch for the day.  They also had the Christmas decorations up when we boarded.  Great time to be sailing!

Excellent ship! Very clean with lots to do!
We only ate at the Windjammer and Sorrentos. Also grabbed cupcakes
More than we expected
One of the best features!
This is also one of the very things that will keep me true to Royal Caribbean!
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Port Authority personnel aren't very friendly when you have two staterooms in different areas on the ship.

Don't feel like you need to eat in the main dining room to get good food! The Windjammer had many of the same main dishes only there were hundreds of choices rather than just a few. The staff in there are wonderful as well! Also, use the different children's programs!

1 Comment